Getting your winter vaccinations
It is expected that flu could be a significant problem this coming winter. Therefore it is really important that those in eligible groups get their free NHS flu vaccine as soon as possible.
This year the flu vaccine will be offered free to:
- All children who are aged two and three on 31 August 2022
- All children in primary school and all secondary school pupils under the age of 16 on 31 August (delivered in schools)
- Those aged six months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 50 years and over
- People in residential care
- Unpaid carers
- Close contacts of people with weakened immune systems
- Health and care staff
The bookings are open from October onwards. Please phone you GP practice as soon as possible if you wish to secure a booking for the flu vaccine.